Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

Today is the day I had been warned that chemo fatigue would start setting in...but April Fools, I woke up feeling great. Even tried to pull an April Fools joke on Hannah, telling her that I felt terrible...but she was on to my charade in no time.

My practically normal feelings lasted until mid-afternoon, plenty of time to get more things done and talk to a number of good friends...before April Fools on me -- here it comes. Gradually got more fuzzy headed, weird feeling and achy in spots. The achy is probably from the white blood cell booster shot I got yesterday -- stimulates my bone marrow to crank out large numbers of new white blood cells since the chemo kills them off, and white blood cells kill off infections...so pretty important. And with all that cranking, the bones can get kind of achy...so guess it's good they're keeping busy.

Even with this, I was able to play some Wii Tennis with my neighbor, Ann, who came over with great mango guacamole. I decided I'd better take it easy on the tennis for now, until my port has had longer to make itself at home in my chest (inserted under my skin just below my collar bone just a week ago). Instead took Blaze for a long walk around the lake and even though it was cold and windy it felt good to get some fresh air and pseudo-exercise. Should have brought my camera for some "snow storm coming" shots.

Hannah presented me with a fuzzy pillow she found for me -- super soft for my someday bald head. Probably ten days or more away from having my hair start to fall out, but when it does I'll be ready!

Auggie and Allison came with an unexpected full, delicious meal around 6:30, solving our "what's for dinner?" question. I am continually amazed at how often I have gotten a glimpse at what it was like for Jesus to be "attended by angels" while he was in his 40 days in the wilderness!

I will fall into bed tonight momentarily...thankful again.

No comments:

Post a Comment