Thursday, June 18, 2009

For the Display of HER Splendor?

I've been on a bit of a scarf buying frenzy the last few weeks. Not that I didn't have a number of gorgeous scarves that Mom brought in March, but now that every "what should I wear?" decision has to factor in headware too, I was feeling like a few more scarves in summer colors would help.


Hannah helped me find the first two new scarves during a fun Girls Day Out. She correctly predicted that I'd find a hot pink scarf at Justice, a strictly for tweener girls store. At Aeropostale, we found a lemon lime tie dye scarf -- the only thing in the entire store that didn't have "Aeropostale" plastered across it (but now you know how totally cool I am, and if you don't know how cool Aeropostale is, you'll just have to ask Hannah or any other aspiring teenager).

Last Tuesday, still hyped up on Decadron, the steroid anti-nausea drug I get the days surrounding my Taxol chemo treatments, I went downtown to see if I couldn't find something a little more, well, sophisticated. No offense, Justice.

And boy, did I score! At Designs I found a beautiful hand painted green silk scarf (hard to see, but it's the shawl around Hannah's arm in this photos). At Nepal Tibet Imports, I found a loosely woven coral/pink/purple scarf that works with many of my summer things...and someday won't smell like incense.

My favorite is the one I found at Lizzy's at Julian's. It's the one I'm wearing in the photo with Hannah and the one after. What caught my eye was the beautiful free flowing design in a cornucopia of "my" colors. Gorgeous!

But what caught Hannah and Hugh's eye when I showed off my scarf conquest...what caused Hannah to look in horror and ask, "Mom, why did you buy that scarf?!?!?"...what I was totally oblivious to as I tried it on at Lizzy's:
You might wonder how I could possibly miss such a, well, noticeable part of the design? Chemo brain? Breast cancer breast blindness? Decadron delusions? I don't know but I love this scarf! And I'm thankful that her perky breasts fall right at the place I knot the scarf...our little secret.

At that time Jesus said,
"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned,
and revealed them to little children.
Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

Matthew 11:25

He said to them,
"Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed?
Instead, don't you put it on its stand?
For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed
and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open.

Mark 4:22

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing so hard I can barely type!!!! You gotta love when our kids point out the obvious to us! And the verse is perfect.

    I'm with you though, the colors are absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete