Monday, May 25, 2009

No More Bad Hair Days

"Mom, you really do need to shave your head. It just looks creepy."

It's been more than a month since most of my hair fell out and the remnants remaining have not only refused to fall out on their own, but have kept growing. So I needed a haircut and a miraculous styling job, or it was finally time to get the clippers out.

I've been cutting Dennis' hair for quite awhile and today, he got his turn to cut mine. Ann Foorman, our covemate, friend and professional photographer (www.depthoffieldarts.lifepics.com) came over to record the event with my camera.

A picture's worth at least 500 words, so I'll save mine:





























My lover said to me, “Rise up, my darling!
Come away with me, my fair one!
Look, the winter is past,
and the rains are over and gone.
The flowers are springing up,
the season of singing birds has come,
and the cooing of turtledoves fills the air.
The fig trees are forming young fruit,
and the fragrant grapevines are blossoming.

Rise up, my darling!
Come away with me, my fair one!”

Song of Songs 2:10-13

No comments:

Post a Comment