Monday, April 13, 2009

Round 2

I'm writing from the chemo room today. Feeling like a pro today coming with my LaGrange/Swedlund Sisters J.Crew Care Bag of snacks, mega water bottle, laptop and new CD (Kaitlyn Stover's awesome "Our Cry" http://www.kaitlynstover.com/media/audio/). So far, 2 hours into my treatment and the chemo head hasn't really kicked in yet. My bone marrow has kicked in tremendously though -- my white count is now up to 9,700 so I am well protected against infection.

Today my hair has started to fall out -- anticipated but strange nonetheless. A little pinch yields 10 or 12 hairs at a time. No tugging like when I pluck a renegade gray one, just a soft releasing of hairs into my fingers. I won't tell you whether the gray ones come out more readily now -- you'll have to wait until the voting closes on my mini-poll to find out.

The nurse tells me this treatment will be the last time they see my natural hair and they'll soon to recognize me by my new look -- wig or bald, whichever I wear for my upcoming treatments. The gal across from me is going bald and beautiful but I do spot some wigs around the room, and others receiving chemo drugs that don't affect their hair.

~*~*~*~

The kids have arrived from school so we'll now head home where I'll await the chemo fog.


No comments:

Post a Comment